J-1 Visa Program

With oversight from the US Department of State, approximately 300,000 J-1 visas are awarded to international talent as part of a cultural exchange program. Program participants from approved companies are able to gain hands-on training and skills while immersing themselves in US culture and business practices. The goal of this program is to promote cultural exchange between the US and other countries. Participation from host companies helps to influence international economic growth through shared learning experiences support the program.


What the j-1 visa can do for you

In a fast-paced world where it takes more than education to land the right opportunity, Status Verified can offer you access to the real-world professional experiences and training needed to get you started in your career. Get highly desired skills from U.S. businesses that will differentiate you from other candidates in your home country. Status Verified is committed to getting you the beginning or advanced fellowship opportunity with one of our host companies. Find out how to make the most out of the next 12 to 18 month and Get Verified!

Who is eligible for the j-1 program

Beginning fellows

Foreign nationals who are 18 years old or older and can demonstrate how their recent education or work experience aligns with the internship they are pursuing. Applicants must have sufficient financial means to cover travel and living costs as well as possess English language skills necessary to perform their internship duties. Maximum visa length is 12 months.

advanced fellows

Foreign nationals in possession of a degree or certification from an international college or university  with at least one year of work experience related to J-1 training profession. Other applicants might include those with at least five years relative work experience outside of the U.S. Maximum visa length is 18 months.

frequently asked questions

What if I already have an internship?

Whether you have an internship or not, Status Verified can help you with obtaining your J-1 Visa. We may need to do a site visit of your host employer depending on the size and revenue of the organization. Status Verified can also help you find the right internship opportunity based on your skills and interests.

Can my family travel under the same visa?

Family members of qualified candidates who have been approved to travel on a J-1 Visa may apply using a J-2 Visa. Fees for this are different from the J-1 Visa. Please contact one our team for information on fees and application process for J-2 Visas.

How do I extend my visa?

While there are limitations on the length of time that you can stay in the U.S. on a J-1 Visa, our team will work with you to find the best option for extending your time.

Help! I've lost my passport.

Don't worry. One of our staff members can help you with any documentation that has been provided.